Michigan Construction Law and Litigation
At Christenson & Fiederlein, PC, our attorneys have a vast knowledge of construction law and the issues experienced by our clients in the construction industry.
Types of Clients
Our attorneys assist the following clients in construction process and any contractual/business disputes arising from the construction and collection process.
- General building contractors
- Suppliers of concrete, lumber and other building materials
- Real estate developers
- Property owners
- Commercial tenants
- Architects and engineers
At Christenson & Fiederlein, PC, we assist our clients regarding the following construction matters:
- Contract and Subcontract Negotiation and Formation
- Collection Disputes and Litigation
- Construction Liens and Lien Foreclosure
- Fidelity and Surety Bond Claims
- Site Acquisition and Development Assistance
- Contract and Subcontract Formation
- Construction Liens
- Michigan Builders Trust Fund Act Claims for Personal Liability against the qualifying officer of the General Contractor
- Bankruptcy non-dischargeability claims for violation of the Builder’s Trust Fund Act
At Christenson & Fiederlein, PC, our attorneys will assist you from the planning stages of the construction project, including business formation, from site acquisition and development, zoning approvals, construction financing and contracts and/change orders. We will assist you with procedures to document extras to assist in the resolution of disputes regarding compensation for construction delays, completed work, defective workmanship and collection.
Examples of Satisfied Clients
As attorneys we have assisted construction clients as follows:
- Represented general contractor on construction litigation and mechanics lien claims arising out of a construction dispute
- We provide a flat fee service for filing of construction liens
- Represented subcontractors, such as electricians, heating/cooling companies, drywall companies in collecting on their lien and contractual claims against the general contractor
- Represented suppliers in the collection of their accounts with an emphasis on the importance of personal guarantees, interest and attorneys fees as well as lien claims
- Represented homeowners in defense of contractor liens
- Represented architects in collection of its contractual and lien claims against the general contractor.
- Represented clients in the collection on bond claims on public projects
- Represented contractors with building contracts and subcontractor agreements
- Provided advice to contractors regarding general business issues to protect from creditor claims
- Represented suppliers and contractors in obtaining non-dischargeability judgments in bankruptcy against corporate officers
- Represented contractor in defense of ERISA Union claims
Download and view the Construction Lien Checklist (PDF).
Send to Phone
Your text message was sent.
To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
To get a help message, send the word HELP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number.
Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone.
Christenson & Fiederlein, PC
Terms: The recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier. Not all carriers are currently supported